Catlin, S V [or S W]
SIDNEY VICTOR CATLIN
Remembered with honour Arras Memorial: Bay 4.
He enlisted in Hertford, and was formerly 015441 6th Reserve Cavalry Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Sidney’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Frederick Sidney and Annie or Connie Maud (nee GOODGAME) CATLIN of Watford.
His parents married 18 April 1892 at St Mary’s, Peterborough, Northants. Frederick died 23 February 1938 in Watford aged 69, and was buried 28 February in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Annie died 8 February 1939 in Hemel Hempstead, Herts, and was buried 13 February, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Sidney was born 1897 in St Alban’s, Herts, and resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 3 he lived in St Alban’s, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 13, he lived in Watford, with his parents and three siblings.
Date of death21/03/1918
Age at death21
Place of death
NotesRecorded as CATLIN S W in the Borough Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)