North, S E
SIDNEY EDWARD NORTH
Remembered with honour Kirechkoi-Hortakoi Military Cemetery: Grave 154.
He enlisted in Bedford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died in Salonika of fever. Unfortunately, Sidney’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is a Death announcement for Sidney in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 2 November 1918; plus an In Memoriam in the issue dated 4 October 1919.
Son of Edward and Mercy/Mircy Jane (nee DAY) NORTH of Oxhey, Herts.
His parents married 16 November 1895 at St Matthew’s, Oxhey. Mercy died 1956 in the Hemel Hempstead, Herts, district aged 82.
Sidney was born 1896 in Watford or Bushey, Herts, and baptised 21 October 1904 at St Matthew’s, Oxhey. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 5 he lived in Bushey, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, a roundsman aged 15, he still lived in Bushey, with his parents and two siblings.
Unit65th Air Line Section Signals
Date of death30/09*/1918
Age at death22
Place of death
NotesHis brother William died 2 April 1918 and also features on this Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)