Remembered with honour Lonsdale Cemetery: Plot VII, Row A, Grave 6.
He enlisted in Hertford; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 10 July 1915, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Henry’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of John and Sarah (nee WILSON) BENNETT of Ruddington, Notts.
His parents married 1878 in the Nottingham district. Sarah died 1923 aged 75; John died 1935 aged 79; both in the Basford, Notts, district.
Henry was born 21 April 1891 in Ruddington, and baptised there 20 November 1892. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 9 he lived in Ruddington, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, a gardener aged 19, he was a boarder in Lincoln.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)