Renshaw, W E
WILFRED ERNEST RENSHAW
Remembered with honour Orchard Dump Cemetery: Plot I, Row D, Grave 3.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Wilfred’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of the late Edmund Willmott and Lois (nee SEABORNE) RENSHAW.
His parents married 23 June 1878 at St Mary’s, Marylebone, London. Lois died 1898 in the Wandsworth, London, district aged 44. Edmund remarried 20 June 1901 at St Mary’s, Battersea, London, to Edith Marion SCOTT. He died 8 August 1916 in Watford aged 72, and was buried 11 August in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford.
Wilfred was born 1887 in Battersea, and resided in Watford.
On the 1891 Census, aged 3 he lived in Battersea, with his parents and six siblings. On the 1901 Census, aged 13 he still lived in Battersea, with his widowed father and seven siblings. On the 1911 Census, an organ builder aged 23, he still lived in Battersea, with his father, step-mother and three siblings.
Date of death28/06/1917
Age at death29
Place of death
NotesHis brother Sidney died 30 October 1917 and also features on this Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)