Remembered with honour Arras Memorial: Bay 5.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 1 May 1915, and was killed in action during the Battle of Arras when being relieved from the front line at Greenland Hill. Unfortunately, Albert’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Husband of Lizzie/Elizabeth (nee WATTS) WALKER.
His parents are unknown.
Albert was born 1873 in Oxford, and married 1898 in the Oxford district. He resided in Watford.
On the 1881 and 1891 Census, he is proving elusive. On the 1901 Census, a chimney sweep’s labourer aged 28, he still lived in Oxford, with his wife and no children. On the 1911 Census, a general labourer aged 38, he still lived in Oxford, with his wife and no children.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)