Loveday, F G [or F C]
FRANK GEORGE LOVEDAY
Remembered with honour Guards Cemetery: Plot IV, Row E, Grave 37.
He enlisted in Hertford; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 23 January 1915, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Frank’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There are articles about Frank in the Watford Illustrated dated 26 June 1915 and 4 September 1915; also an article and a Death announcement in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 29 May 1915; plus In Memoriams in the issues dated 20 May 1916, 19 May 1917, 18 May 1918 and 24 May 1919,
Son of Frank and Henrietta (nee MORRIS) LOVEDAY of Oxhey, Herts.
His parents married 26 March 1894 at St Matthew’s, Oxhey. Henrietta died 24 February 1952 in Oxhey aged 81, and was buried 28 February at St James’, Bushey, Herts; Frank died 1966 in the Watford district aged 96.
Frank was born 1897 in Bushey, and resided in Oxhey.
On the 1901 Census, aged 4 he lived in Bushey, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, at school and a newsboy aged 14, he still lived in Bushey, with his parents and one sibling.
Date of death18*/05/1915
Age at death18
Place of death
NotesRecorded as LOVEDAY F C in the Borough Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)