Remembered with honour Pozieres Memorial: Panel 61 to 64.
He enlisted in Wimbledon, Surrey; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, John’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Jane August (nee LLOYD) and the late John DELLOW; husband of Agnes Mary (nee WOODHAMS) DELLOW of Wimbledon.
His parents married 12 October 1874 at St Dunstan’s, Stepney, London. John died 1907 in the St Pancras, London, district aged 57; Jane died 1930 in Watford aged 76, and was buried 17 January in Vicarage Road, Cemetery, Watford.
John was born 1875 in Clapham or Balham, London, and baptised 17 October 1875 at St Dunstan’s, Stepney. He married firstly 1897 in the Wandsworth, London, district to Lottie Louise WOODHAMS; they had two children. Lottie died 1906 in the Wandsworth district aged 30. He remarried 1908 in the Wandsworth district; they had one child. He resided in Watford. Agnes remarried 1936 in the Hammersmith, London, district to William J SOUTHWORTH; she died 20 May 1966 in Ruislip, Middx, aged 87.
On the 1881 Census, aged 5 he lived in Balham, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1891 Census, a hairdresser aged 15, he still lived in Balham, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1901 Census, a hairdresser aged 25, he still lived in Balham, with his first wife and no children. On the 1911 Census, a hairdresser aged 35, he still lived in Balham, with his second wife and two children.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)