Brown, H J
HAROLD J BROWN
There is no trace of a Harold J BROWN in the usual military sources.
However, there is a Harold BROWN, Sergeant, 2nd Battalion, Hertfordshire Regiment, but no further information for him is forthcoming.
This Harold was the son of William and Florence (nee INGLETON) BROWN; husband of Sybil Constance (nee BERRY) BROWN.
His parents married 13 October 1892 at St Mary’s, Watford. Florence died 1945 in Watford aged 77, and was buried 13 October in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; William died 1956 in Watford aged 86, and was buried 3 September, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Harold was born 1892 in Watford, and baptised 1 February 1983 at St Andrew’s, Watford. He married 29 May 1915 at St Andrew’s, Watford. No death has been found for Harold; Sybil died 1972 in the Waltham Forest, Essex, district aged 80.
There is a Marriage announcement for Harold in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 12 June 1915.
On the 1901 Census, aged 8 he lived in Aldenham, Herts, with his parents and no siblings. On the 1911 Census, aged 18 of no occupation, he lived in Watford, with his parents and one sibling.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)