Heady, H W
HORACE WILLIAM HEADY
Remembered with honour Bard Cottage Cemetery: Plot V, Row C, Grave 42.
He enlisted in Hertford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Horace’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is a brief article about and a Death announcement for Horace in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 26 January 1918; plus an In Memoriam in the issue dated 18 January 1919.
Son of William and Ellen (nee HUTCHINSON) HEADY of Carpenders Park, Watford; husband of Alice Maud (nee HUSSEY) HEADY of Bushey Heath, Herts.
His parents married 12 August 1891 at St Matthew’s, Oxhey, Herts. Ellen died 1923 in Watford aged 51, and was buried 12 September in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; William died 1949 in Oxhey aged 82, and was buried 30 December, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Horace was born 23 February 1892 in Watford, and baptised 17 April 1892 at Bushey and Oxhey Methodist Church. He married 22 December 1917 at Bushey and Oxhey Methodist Church. Alice remarried 1922 in the Watford district to William E KING.
On the 1901 Census, aged 9 he lived in Northwood, Middx, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, a shop porter aged 19, he lived in Carpenders Park, with his parents and no siblings.
Unit"D" Battery, 23rd Army Brigade
Date of death08/01/1918
Age at death25
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)