Remembered with honour Watford (Vicarage Road) Cemetery: Plot G, Row 7, Grave 728.
He enlisted 24 July 1918 for a period of 5 + 7 years: a general labourer, 5’3″ tall, and joined H.M.S. Pembroke 24 July 1918. He died at the Sailors’ Home, Chatham, Kent, from pneumonia.
Son of Albert and Elizabeth (nee CHILD) NOBBS of Watford.
His parents married 30 July 1887 at Holy Cross, Sarratt, Herts. Elizabeth died 1938 in Watford aged 69, and was buried 24 December in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Albert died 1940 in Watford aged 79, and was buried 28 November, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Ernest was born 23 July 1900 in Rickmansworth, Herts, and baptised 21 October 1900 at Holy Cross, Sarratt. He attended Beechen Grove Board School, Watford, from 26 October 1908 to 1 March 1909, and was buried 11 September.
On the 1901 Census, aged 8 months he lived in Sarratt, with his parents and five siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 10, he lived in Watford, with his parents and six siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)