Morgan, W G
WILLIAM GEORGE MORGAN
Remembered with honour Tilloy British Cemetery: Plot IV, Row G, Grave 6.
He enlisted in Ross, Heref; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 21 December 1914, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, William’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of George and the late Adelaide (nee OAKLEY) MORGAN.
His parents married 3 March 1889 in Walford, Heref. Adelaide died 1903 aged 48; George died 1921 aged 72; both in the Ross district.
William was born about 1890 in Walford, and resided in Walford.
On the 1891 Census, aged 10 months he lived in Walford, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1901 Census, aged 11 he still lived in Walford, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, a Private in the 2nd Battalion King’s Shropshire Light Infantry aged 23, he was stationed at Trimalgherry, India.
Date of death09/04/1917
Age at death26
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)