Murray, G G J
GILBERT GEORGE JAMES MURRAY
Remembered with honour Ypres Reservoir Cemetery: Plot V, Row AA, Grave 1.
He enlisted at St Paul’s Churchyard, London; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 21 May 1915, and was killed in action by shellfire at Ypres. Unfortunately, Gilbert’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Gilbert Henderson and Elizabeth (nee TRIBECK) MURRAY.
His parents married 17 December 1881 at Holy Trinity, Newington, London. Gilbert died 1943 aged 81; Elizabeth died 1945 aged 83; both in the Brentford, Middx, district.
Gilbert was born 4 March 1892 in Holborn, London, and baptised 14 August 1892 at Holy Redeemer, Exmouth Market, London. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 9 he lived in Newington, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, he is proving elusive.
Date of death12/08/1915
Age at death23
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)