Bentley, E A
EDWARD ALFRED BENTLEY
Remembered with honour Templeux-le-Guerard Communal Cemetery Extension: Row C, Grave 33.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Edward’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Alfred and Rose Emily (nee GOODMAN) BENTLEY of Watford.
His parents married 1893 in the Uxbridge, Middx, district. Rose died 1958 in Watford aged 86, and was buried 13 January in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Alfred died 1958 in Watford aged 85, and was buried 8 May, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Edward was born 1897 in Batchworth Heath, Middx, and baptised 7 November 1897 at Holy Trinity, Northwood, Middx. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 3 he lived in Batchworth Heath, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 13, he lived in Watford, with his parents and four siblings.
Unit"K" Siege Park, attached Anzac Corps Heavy Artillery
Date of death02/10/1918
Age at death21
Place of death
NotesEdward Alfred is possibly the Edward BENTLEY commemorated at St Michael's
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)