Sage, A W
ARTHUR WILLIAM SAGE
Remembered with honour Thiepval Memorial: Pier and Face 1A.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 22 April 1915, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Arthur’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Emma (nee BRINKLOW) SAGE of Leavesden, Herts, and the late George SAGE.
His parents married 19 September 1892 at Holy Trinity, Leverstock Green, Herts. George died 1916 in Watford aged 50, and buried 4 April at All Saints, Leavesden; Emma died 1944 in the Watford district aged 74.
Arthur was born 1893 in Bedmond, Herts, and baptised 5 November 1893 at St Lawrence’s, Abbot’s Langley, Herts. He resided in Leavesden.
On the 1901 Census, aged 7 he lived in Leavesden, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, a horse-man aged 17, he still lived in Leavesden, with his parents and ten siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)