Elgood, R L
REGINALD LLOYD ELGOOD
Remembered with honour Chatham Naval Memorial: Panel 20.
He enrolled 15 January 1909, and joined Vanguard 17 July 1915. He was promoted Acting Sub-Lieutenant 15 May 1915, gazetted 15 November 1915 to Sub-Lieutenant, and promoted to Lieutenant 15 May 1917. He was entitled to the Victory, British War and Star medals, and was killed when his ship was blown up by an internal explosion.
Son of Sir Frank Minshule and Frances Isabel Lloyd (nee ALLEN) ELGOOD of Northwood, Middx.
His parents married 17 November 1891 at All Souls, Hampstead, London. Frances died 18 September 1940 aged 72; Frank died 17 May 1948 aged 83; both in Haywards Heath, Sussex.
Reginald was born 17 February 1896 in Northwood, and baptised 21 March 1896 at Holy Trinity, Northwood.
He has an entry in the National Probate Calendar.
On the 1901 Census, aged 5 he lived in Westgate-on-Sea, Kent, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, a naval cadet aged 15, he lived at the Royal Naval College, Dartmouth, Devon.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)