Budd, (S) F
SAMUEL FREDERICK BUDD
Remembered with honour Cambrai East Military Cemetery: Plot VII, Row B, Grave 68.
He enlisted in Hertford, and was formerly Private 7192 Bedfordshire Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died of wounds or was killed in action. Unfortunately, Samuel’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Samuel Joseph and Fanny (nee SAUNDERS) BUDD of Watford.
His parents married 26 July 1883 at Sts Peter & Paul, Tring, Herts. Samuel died 1934 in Watford aged 76, and was buried 29 August in North Watford Cemetery; Fanny died 27 April 1939 in Watford aged 77, and was buried 5 May, also in North Watford Cemetery.
Frederick was born 1897 in Tring, and attended Tring New Mill J.M.I. School from 2 October 1900 to 29 February 1904.
On the 1901 Census, aged 4 he lived in Tring, with his parents and no siblings. On the 1911 Census, aged 14 he still lived in Tring, with his parents and one sibling.
Date of death29/03/1918
Age at death20
Place of death
NotesRecorded as BUDD F on the Borough Roll of Honour; on the Christ Church Memorial; and in the National Roll of the Great War
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)