Davies, D H
DAVID HENRY DAVIES
Remembered with honour Ancre British Cemetery: Plot VIII, Row C, Grave 19.
He enlisted at Armoury House, London, 19 July 1915: aged 19, 5’7½” tall, of Watford; his next-of-kin was his father. He was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 10 November 1915, and was killed in action.
Son of John and Catherine Jane (nee PARRY) DAVIES of Birmingham, Warks.
His parents married 1895 at Caernarvon Register Office. Catherine died 15 November 1943 aged 50; John died 6 October 1946 aged 83; both in Birmingham.
David was born 1896 in Caernarvon, and resided in Watford.
He has an entry in the National Probate Calendar.
On the 1901 Census, aged 4 he lived in Caernarvon, with his mother in the household of his maternal grandmother. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 14, he lived in Birmingham, with his parents and no siblings.
Unit"A" Company, 1st Battalion
Date of death31/01/1917
Age at death20
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)