Prudames, H R
HARRY/HENRY RUSSELL PRUDAMES
Remembered with honour Loos Memorial: Panel 5 to 7.
He enlisted in London; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 16 March 1915; and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Harry’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is a Death announcement for Harry in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 30 October 1915; plus an In Memoriam in the issue dated 14 October 1916.
Grandson of James and Susannah (nee ATKINS) PRUDAMES of Watford Fields; son of the late Amelia FEATHERSTONE (nee PRUDAMES).
Harry was born 1892 in Shepherd’s Bush, London [not Catford, Kent], and baptised 15 February 1892 at St Luke’s, Shepherd’s Bush.
His mother married George Charles FEATHERSTONE 5 May 1900 at St Thomas’, Bethnal Green, London. She died 1907 in Watford aged 33, and was buried 9 September in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford. George remarried 1916 in the Watford district to Mabel Annie LODGE, and died 1945 aged 75; Mabel died 1972 aged 82; both in the Watford district.
On the 1901 Census, aged 9 he lived in Watford, with his PRUDAMES grandparents. On the 1911 Census, a groom aged 19, he still lived in Watford, with his grandparents.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)