Boultwood, (W) F
WALTER FRANK BOULTWOOD
Remembered with honour Longuenesse (St Omer) Souvenir Cemetery: Plot V, Row B, Grave 51.
He enlisted in London, and was formerly Sapper WR252216 Royal Engineers. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, Frank’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Walter and Kate (nee SUMMERELL) BOULTWOOD of Watford.
His parents married 1892 in the Edmonton, Middx, district. Walter died 1936 in Watford aged 63, and was buried 7 May in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Kate died 1955 in Watford aged 83, and was buried 22 July, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
(Walter) Frank was born 17 May 1894 in Tottenham, London, and attended Dewhurst Endowed Boys’ School, Cheshunt, Herts, from 14 April 1902 to 9 March 1906. He resided in Watford, and was employed as a fireman by the London and North Western Railway Company.
On the 1901 Census, aged 7 he lived in Tottenham, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, a labourer aged 16, he lived in Rickmansworth, Herts, with his parents and four siblings.
UnitRailway Operating Division
Date of death30/05/1918
Age at death24
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)