There is no record of a T HEWITT in the Hertfordshire Regiment.
However, there is a Thomas HEWETT in the 1st Battalion Herefordshire Regiment who was awarded the Silver War Badge 3 April 1917. He enlisted 23 August 1914 and was discharged 14 March 1917 due to sickness. He has a medal card, but no medals listed thereon.
Possibly son of Alice HEWETT.
Thomas (s/o Alice) was born 18 March 1897 in Watford, but the birth does appear to have been registered. He attended Victoria Junior School, Watford; then Beechen Grove Board School, Watford, from 12 February 1906 to 14 July 1911. A Thomas HEWITT died 1920 in the Newcastle-upon-Tyne district aged 23.
On the 1901 Census, this Thomas aged 4 lived in Watford, with his grandparents. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 14, he still lived in Watford, with his grandparents.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)