Hedgecock, C R
CHARLES ROBERT HEDGECOCK
Remembered with honour Thiepval Memorial: Pier and Face 11C and 12A.
He enlisted in Walham Green, Middx; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 26 August 1915, and was presumed killed in action. Unfortunately, Charles’ Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Agnes Jane (nee BUCKLAND) HEDGECOCK of Fulham, London, and the late Charles HEDGECOCK; husband of Alice Florence (nee ROBINSON) HEDGECOCK of Watford.
His parents married 16 June 1889 at St John’s, Fulham. Charles died 1918 in the Cambridge district aged 53; Agnes died 1968 in the Wandsworth, London, district aged 97.
Charles was born 1892 in Fulham, and baptised 18 September 1892 at St James’, Fulham. He married 9 January 1915 at Christ Church, Fulham; they had one child. Alice remarried 1940 in the Watford district to Charles JEFFS, and died 1974 in the Watford district aged 84.
On the 1901 Census, aged 8 he lived in Fulham, with his parents and five siblings. On the 1911 Census, at home aged 19, he still lived in Fulham, with his parents and seven siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)