Russell, C E
CHARLES EDWARD/EDWIN RUSSELL
Remembered with honour Arras Memorial: Bay 6 and 7.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. His next-of-kin was his father of Watford. Unfortunately, Charles’ Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Edwin Charles and Alice Lydia Sargent (nee LANNING) RUSSELL.
His parents married 1893 in the Kensington, London, district. Edwin died 1921 in Watford aged 51, and was buried 23 April in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Alice died 1925 in Watford aged 51, and was buried 20 May, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Charles was born 1 November 1897 in Kensal Rise, Middx, and baptised 16 October 1898 at St Matthew’s, Willesden, London.
On the 1901 Census, aged 3 he lived in Willesden, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school and a chemist’s boy aged 13, he lived in Wembley, Middx, with his parents and seven siblings.
Date of death13/07/1916
Age at death18
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)