Adams, W J B
WILLIAM/WILLIE JAMES BORTHWICK ADAMS
Remembered with honour Bethune Town Cemetery: Plot IV, Row A, Grave 67.
He enlisted in Finchley, Middx; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 24 February 1915, and died at 3 Field Ambulance of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, William’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of William James and Mary Jane (nee BORTHWICK) ADAMS of Watford.
His parents married 25 December 1885 at St Mary’s, Rotherhithe, London.
William was born 11 January 1887 in Finchley, and baptised 6 February 1887 at St James’, Muswell Hill, Middx, He resided in Watford.
On the 1891, 1901 and 1911 Census, he is proving elusive.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)