Remembered with honour Dickebusch New Military Cemetery Extension: Plot III, Row A, Grave 3.
He enlisted in Greenwich, London; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Frank’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of William and Margaret (nee CLEMENTS) SMITH of Deptford, London.
His parents married 13 October 1885 at St Paul’s, Greenwich. William died 1927 aged 62, and was buried 2 August in Greenwich Cemetery; Margaret died 1929 aged 64, and was buried 5 December, also in Greenwich Cemetery.
Frank was born 1891 in Greenwich, and resided in Deptford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 9 he lived in Greenwich, with his parents and five siblings. On the 1911 Census, a beer bottler aged 19 he lived in Deptford, with his parents and eight siblings.
Date of death27/05/1917
Age at death25
Place of death
NotesFrank is possibly the F SMITH commemorated by Benskins
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)