Lodge, H F W
HARRY FREDERICK WILLIAM LODGE
Remembered with honour Kantara War Memorial Cemetery: Row F, Grave 149.
He enlisted in Watford, and was formerly 20976 Bedfordshire Regiment and Corporal 3595 Essex Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died of pneumonia. Unfortunately, Harry’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Sarah Annie/Annie Sarah (nee WINFIELD) and the late Harry John LODGE; husband of Catherine (nee GREEN) LODGE of Watford.
His parents married 10 April 1882 at St John the Baptist, Kentish Town, London. Harry died 1909 in Watford aged 49, and was buried 5 October in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Sarah died 1940 in Watford aged 79, and was buried 10 February, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Harry was born 12 October 1882 in St Pancras, London, or Kentish Town, and baptised 19 November 1882 at All Saints, Camden Town, London. He married 1904 in the Watford district; they had four children. He resided in Watford. Catherine never remarried, she died 17 November 1948 in Bushey, Herts, aged 71, and was buried 20 November in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
On the 1891 Census, a scholar aged 8, he lived in Kentish Town, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1901 Census, a plasterer’s labourer aged 17, he lived in Watford, with his parents and six siblings. On the 1911 Census, a coal carter aged 28, he still lived in Watford, with his wife and one child.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)