Riddiford, J W
JOHN WILLIE/WILLIS/WILLIAM RIDDIFORD
Remembered with honour Brampton Cemetery: Grave 470.
He was entitled to the British War medal, and died from disease; his mother of Kempston, Beds, was notified of the death.
Son of William Henry and Evelyn Frances (nee JAMES) RIDDIFORD.
His parents married 6 April 1896 at St Paul’s, Bedford. William died 13 December 1940 in Houghton, Hunts, aged 72; Evelyn died 19 January 1954 in Brampton aged 80.
John was born 12 June 1899 in Brampton, and his death was registered in the Berkhamsted, Herts, district.
On the 1901 Census, aged 1 he lived in Brampton, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 11, he lived in Graveley, Cambs, with his mother and one sibling.
Service numberLondon Z/6793
UnitRoyal Naval Depot Crystal Palace
Date of death12/01/1918
Age at death18
Place of death
NotesJohn is possibly the J RIDDIFORD commemorated at Christ Church
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)