Remembered with honour Ramleh War Cemetery: Row D, Grave 26.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action in Palestine. Unfortunately, Harold’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Joseph and Sarah Sophia (nee WHITE) MORGAN.
His parents married 6 November 1887 at Holy Trinity, Walton, Bucks. Joseph died 1936 in Watford aged 72, and was buried 20 July in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Sarah died 1957 in the Watford district aged 90.
Harold was born 28 January 1898 in Watford, and baptised 22 July 1898 at Christ Church, Watford. He attended first Callow Land Infants’ School, Watford; then Callowland Board School from 10 January 1905 to 24 October 1906, when he transferred to Parkgate Road Boys’ School, Watford; finally attended Alexandra School, Watford, from 29 August to 15 December 1911.
On the 1901 Census, aged 3 he lived in Watford, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, aged 13 he still lived in Watford, with his parents and four siblings.
Date of death11/12/1917
Age at death19
Place of death
NotesHarold is possibly the H MORGAN commemorated at Christ Church
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)