Williams, S R
SIDNEY ROLAND/ROWLAND WILLIAMS
Remembered with honour Southend-on-Sea (Sutton Road) Cemetery: Row A, Grave 1565.
He enlisted in London; appears to have no medals, and died at Southend-on-Sea of appendicitis. Unfortunately, Sidney’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of William Frederick and Kate Elizabeth (nee COOK) WILLIAMS of Watford.
His parents married 1895 in the Aylesbury, Bucks, district. William died 1935 in Watford aged 71, and was buried 10 April in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Kate died 1949 in Watford aged 80, and was buried 12 November, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Sidney was born 1896 in Watford, and resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 4 he lived in Watford, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, a draper’s errand boy aged 14, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and three siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)