Judge, A G
ARTHUR GEORGE JUDGE
Remembered with honour Belgrade Cemetery, Namur, Belgium: Plot V, Row D, Grave 6.
He enlisted in London 16 October 1917, and was formerly Private 1668 2nd Battalion, King Edward’s Horse and Private 59058 Royal Fusiliers. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died at 48 Casualty Clearing Station, France, of pneumonia. Unfortunately, Arthur’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Elizabeth Jane (nee WITHERS) JUDGE of Watford, and the late James JUDGE.
His parents married 22 January 1885 at St Mary’s, Bibury, Glos. James died 26 October 1917 in Watford aged 57, and was buried 1 November in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Elizabeth died 1931 in Watford aged 75, and was buried 4 November, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Arthur was born 1897 in Westminster, London, and resided in Balcombe, Sussex.
On the 1901 Census, aged 3 he lived in Leweston, Dorset, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 13, he lived in Berkeley Square, London W, with his parents and no siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)