Remembered with honour Watford (Vicarage Road) Cemetery: Plot H, Row 3, Grave 76.
He enlisted in Bedford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died at the South African Hospital, Richmond, Surrey, of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, Edward’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Edward Tingey and Clare (nee WARDLE) COURSE of Watford.
His parents married 11 February 1884 at Manchester Cathedral. Clare died 1917 in Watford aged 61, and was buried 17 February in Vicarage Road Cemetery. Edward remarried 1920 in the Kensington, London, district to Louisa DOYLE. Louisa died 18 August 1943 in Watford aged 68; Edward died 28 October 1945 in Watford aged 85, and was buried 1 November in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford.
Edward was born 18 July 1891 in Watford, and attended Beechen Grove Board School, Watford, from 9 January 1899 to 13 July 1905. He resided in Bishop’s Stortford, Herts, and was buried 23 September.
On the 1901 Census, aged 9 he lived in Watford, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, aged 19 with no occupation he still lived in Watford, with his parents and two siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)