Martin, F W
FRANK/FRANCIS WILLIAM MARTIN
Remembered with honour Arras Memorial: Bay 7.
He enlisted in Kimberley, Notts, and was awarded the Meritorious Service Medal. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Frank’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Joseph and Charlotte (nee BALL) MARTIN; husband of Daisy (nee GOMME) MARTIN.
His parents married 11 April 1882 at St Mary’s, Arnold, Notts. Charlotte died 1939 aged 79; Joseph died 1949 aged 90; both in the Basford, Notts, district.
Frank was born 1896 in Arnold, and married 1916 in the Watford district. Daisy remarried 1920 in the Watford district to Arthur DEAN.
On the 1901 Census, aged 5 he lived in Arnold, with his parents and nine siblings. On the 1911 Census, a coal ganger aged 15, he lived in Braybrook, Notts, with his parents and ten siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)