Massey, W L S
WARREN LEVICK SIMS MASSEY
Remembered with honour Pozieres Memorial: Panel 58 and 59.
He enlisted in London, and was formerly 508 West Kent Yeomanry. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Warren’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Annie Maria (nee SIMS) and the late Warren MASSEY; husband of Katherine (nee SMALLEY) MASSEY.
His parents married 12 November 1888 at Holy Trinity, Oswestry, Salop. Warren died 23 June 1917 in Market Drayton, Salop, aged 62; Annie died 1941 in the Birmingham district aged 76.
Warren was born 1889 in Market Drayton, and baptised 5 December 1889 at St Mary’s, Market Drayton. He married 1911 in the Croydon, Surrey, district, and again 1913 in the Hampstead, London, district; they had two children. Katherine never remarried and died 20 December 1956 in Watford aged 78.
On the 1891 Census, aged 1 he lived in Drayton-in-Hales/Market Drayton, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1901 Census, aged 11 he lived in Birmingham, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, a chemistry student aged 21, he lived in Market Drayton, with his parents and one sibling.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)