Miller, H E J
HERBERT EDWIN JAMES MILLER
Remembered with honour Cowley (SS Mary and John) Churchyard.
He enlisted in Oxford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died at the Military Hospital, Whalley, Lancs. Unfortunately, Herbert’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Edwin James and Matilda (nee BRINKLOW) MILLER.
His parents married 3 October 1896 at St Mary’s, Hemel Hempstead, Herts. Edwin died 1951 in Watford aged 78, and was buried 29 August in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Matilda died 22 November 1960 in Watford aged 87, and was buried 25 November, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Herbert was born 1898 in Watford, and resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 3 he lived in Watford, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, aged 13 he still lived in Watford, with his parents and three siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)