Byrne, F A
FRANK ARTHUR BYRNE
Remembered with honour Thiepval Memorial: Pier and Face 16C.
He enlisted in Whitehall, London; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Frank’s Service record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Sadeniette/Sadienette (nee DAWSON) of Oxhey, Herts, and the late Peter BYRNE.
His parent’s marriage is proving elusive. Peter died 30 January 1914 in Muswell Hill, Middx, aged 83; Sadeniette died 23 December 1927 in Watford aged 80.
Frank was born 1886 in Walton, Liverpool.
On the 1901 Census, aged 4 he lived in Waterloo, Lancs, with his parents and seven siblings. On the 1911 Census, aged 14 he lived in Formby, Lancs, with his parents and three siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)