Peachey, J A
JOHN ABRAHAM PEACHEY
Remembered with honour Wimereux Communal Cemetery: Plot II, Row A, Grave 8.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died at No. 32 Stationery Hospital, Wimereux, of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, John’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of the late James Robert and Emma (nee MIDDLEDITCH) PEACHEY; husband of Hilda Maud (nee MAY) PEACHEY of Watford.
His parents married 9 October 1864 at Holy Trinity, Haverstock Hill, Middx. Emma died 1893 aged 50; John died 1898 aged 59; both in the Marylebone, London, district.
John was born 1883 in Marylebone, and married 1915 in the Watford district; they had one child. He resided in Rickmansworth, Herts. Hilda remarried 24 March 1940 at Christ Church, Watford, to Frank W THORPE, and possibly died 1974 in the Canterbury, Kent, district aged 87..
On the 1891 Census, aged 7 he lived in Marylebone, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1901 Census, he is proving elusive. On the 1911 Census, a porter with the L.N.W. Railway aged 28, he lived in London N.W., with his wife and one child.
Date of death16/11/1916
Age at death35
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)