Sixt, C J
CHARLES JOSEPH SIXT
Remembered with honour Mont Huon Military Cemetery: Plot III, Row B, Grave 3A.
He enlisted in Fulham, Middx, and was formerly Private 7282 17th (County of London) Battalion (Poplar & Stepney Rifles) London Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died at No. 47 General Hospital, France, of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, Charles’ Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is a Death announcement for Charles in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 18 August 1917.
Son of Charles Joseph and Hannah Louisa (nee ATTWOOD) SIXT; husband of Amy May (nee WELLS) SIXT of Bushey, Herts.
His parents married 1887 in the Dublin South district. Charles died 1939 in the Bromley, Kent, district aged 76, Hannah died 27 January 1944 in Beckenham, Kent, aged 79.
Charles was born 1888 in Marylebone, London, and baptised 21 October 1888 at St Pancras Parish Church. He married 31 October 1914 at St James’, Bushey. He worked for the London & North Western Railway Company as a clerk in the General Manager’s Office, Euston. Amy remarried 1921 in the Watford district to Frank L HOUGHTON, and died 31 October 1982 in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, aged 92.
On the 1891 and 1901 Census, he is proving elusive. On the 1911 Census, a railway clerk aged 22, he was a boarder in Oxhey, Herts.
Date of death09/08/1917
Age at death29
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)