Mills, G J or J G
GEORGE JOHN or JOHN GEORGE MILLS
Remembered with honour Cabaret-Rouge British Cemetery: Plot VIII, Row L, Grave 31.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, George’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Elizabeth/Lizzie (nee OSBORNE) and the late Thomas MILLS.
His parents married 28 August 1886 at St Peter’s, Berkhamsted, Herts. Thomas died 1913 in the Berkhamsted district aged 69. Elizabeth remarried 1914 in the Berkhamsted district to William TOMLIN, and died 1941 in the Hemel Hempstead, Herts, district aged 81.
George was born 1899 in Berkhamsted, and baptised 23 July 1899 at St Peter’s, Berkhamsted.
On the 1901 Census, aged 1 he lived in Berkhamsted, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1911 Census, aged 11 he still lived in Berkhamsted, with his parents and one sibling.
Date of death17/06/1918
Age at death19
Place of death
NotesGeorge is possibly the G MILLS commemorated at Oxhey
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)