Felmingham, E E
ERNEST EDWARD FELMINGHAM
Remembered with honour Achiet-le-Grand Communal Cemetery Extension: Plot II, Row F, Grave 23.
He enlisted in Holborn, London, and was formerly Private R/39344 King’s Royal Rifle Corps. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died at 49th Casualty Clearing Station. Unfortunately, Ernest’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of the late George and Jessie Sarah (nee BAKER) FELMINGHAM of Bushey, Herts.
His parents married 18 February 1880 at St James’, Bushey. George possibly died 1892 in the Toxteth Park, Lancs, district aged 38; Jessie died 1894 in Bushey aged 38, and was buried 10 March in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford.
Ernest was born 1884 in Watford, and baptised 29 February 1884 at St Matthew’s. Oxhey, Herts. He resided in Clerkenwell, London.
On the 1891 Census, aged 7 he lived in Bushey, with his mother and two siblings. On the 1901 Census, a draper’s assistant aged 17, he was a boarder in Islington, London. On the 1911 Census, he is proving elusive.
Date of death19/03/1918
Age at death34
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)