Rogers, A R
ARCHIE REGINALD ROGERS
Remembered with honour Ribemont Communal Cemetery Extension: Plot IV, Row N, Grave 10.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Archie’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is an article about and a Death announcement for Archie in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 4 May 1918.
Son of William and Rose/Rosa (nee HOLT) ROGERS of Watford.
His parents married 1893 in the Amersham, Bucks, district. Rose died 1964 in the Watford district aged 92.
Archie was born 4 January 1899 in Chesham, Bucks, and attended Victoria Junior School, Watford; then Beechen Grove Board School, Watford, from 8 January 1907 to 1 March 1909. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 2 he lived in Watford, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 13, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and two siblings.
Date of death05*/04/1918
Age at death19
Place of death
NotesHis brother George died 11 July 1915 and also features on this Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)