Remembered with honour Lone Pine Memorial: Panel 38.
He joined the A.I.F. 15 January 1915: a miner aged 26, of Guildford, N.S.W.; his next-of-kin was his sister. He embarked 13 April 1915 from Sydney aboard H.M.A.T. Kyarra, and was killed in action at the Dardanelles after eight months service.
There is a Death announcement for Frank in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 2 October 1915; plus a Grammar School In Memoriam in the issue dated 25 December 1915.
Son of the late Job William and Annie (nee EAST) KIMPTON.
His parents married 17 March 1884 at St Saviour’s, Chelsea, London. Job died 3 February 1899 in Northwood, Middex, aged 57; Annie died 1888 in the Uxbridge, Middx, district aged 38.
Frank was born 22 August 1888 in Rickmansworth, Herts, or Northwood, and attended Watford Grammar School from September 1902 to July 1904.
He has an entry in the National Probate Calendar.
On the 1891 Census, aged 2 he lived in Northwood, with his parents and no siblings. On the 1901 Census, aged 12 he lived in Watford, in the household of his grandfather, with one sibling. On the 1911 Census, he is proving elusive.
Date of death22/08/1915
Age at death27
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)