Steward, F L W
FRANK LEON WILLIAM STEWARD
Remembered with honour Watford (Vicarage Road) Cemetery: Plot D, Row 6, Grave 327.
He appears to have no medals, and died at the Military Hospital, Sheerness, Kent. Unfortunately, Frank’s Service Record appears to be one did not survive the World War Two bombing, and also appears to have no entry in the Soldiers Died in the Great War dataset.
There is a Death announcement for Frank in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 7 December 1918.
Son of Ellen (nee ALLEN) STEWARD of Oxhey, Herts, and the late Leon William STEWARD; husband of Mabel (nee FACER) STEWARD.
His parents married 24 March 1894 at St Antholin’s, Camberwell, London. Leon died 1912 in Watford aged 61, and was buried 16 September in Vicarage Road Cemetery; Ellen died 9 June 1947 in Oxhey aged 74, and was buried 13 June, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Frank was born 1897 in Nunhead, London, and married 1917 in the Watford district; he was buried 29 November. Mabel remarried in the Watford district to Arthur Selby BETTLE; she died 1956 in Croxley Green, Herts, aged 60, and was buried 21 September in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
On the 1901 Census, aged 4 he lived in Camberwell, with his father and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, an errand boy aged 14, he lived in Oxhey, with his mother and two siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)