Hewitt/Hewett, P R
PERCY RICHARD HEWITT
Remembered with honour Chambracy British Cemetery: Plot I, Row E, Grave 10.
He enlisted in Watford, and was formerly Private 51213 Suffolk Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Percy’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Sarah Ann (nee NEALE) HEWITT of Bricket Wood, Herts, and the late Charles HEWITT.
His parents married 23 January 1889 at All Saints, Leavesden, Herts. Charles died 1916 in Bricket Wood aged 52, and was buried 14 December at All Saints, Leavesden; Sarah died 1948 in the St Alban’s, Herts, district aged 82.
Percy was born 10 January 1899 in Bricket Wood, and baptised 3 February 1899 at All Saints, Leavesden. He attended Callowland Board School, Watford, from 5 April 1910 to 14 February 1913.
On the 1901 Census, aged 2 he lived in Bricket Wood, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 12, he still lived in Bricket Wood, with his parents and five siblings.
Date of death16/06/1918
Age at death19
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)