Rose, W E
WILLIAM EDWARD ROSE
Remembered with honour Cabaret-Rouge British Cemetery: Plot XIX, Row E, Grave 9.
He enlisted in Wolverton, Bucks; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died of self-inflicted wounds. Unfortunately, William’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of the late John and Mary (nee POPE) ROSE.
His parents married 29 August 1891 at St Peter’s, Bushey Heath, Herts. Mary died 1903 in Watford aged 36, and was buried 5 August in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; John died 1909 in Watford aged 47, and was buried 18 September, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
William was born 18 June 1892 in Watford, and baptised 31 August 1892 at St Mary’s, Watford. He attended first Sotheron Road Infants’ School, Watford; then Beechen Grove Board School, Watford, from 5 March 1900 to 28 May 1907.
On the 1901 Census, aged 8 he lived in Watford, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1911 Census, a printer’s labourer aged 18, he still lived in Watford, with two siblings.
Date of death26/11/1917
Age at death25
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)