Revell, J W
JAMES WILLIAM REVELL
Remembered with honour Raperie Britsh Cemetery: Plot I, Row B, Grave 1.
He enlisted in Croxley Green, Herts, and was formerly Private 98233 Royal Army Medical Corps. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, James’ Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Henry Robert and the late Maria (nee WEBB) REVELL; husband of Elizabeth (nee REDHEAD) REVELL.
His parents married 10 July 1880 at St Andrew’s, Watford. Maria died 1907 aged 50; Henry died 1925 aged 75; both in the Watford district.
James was born 1885 in Rickmansworth, Herts, or Croxley Green, and married 28 June 1913 at Christ Church, Watford.
On the 1891 Census, a scholar aged 5 he lived in Croxley Green, with his parents and five siblings. On the 1901 Census, a gardener aged 15, he still lived in Croxley Green, with his parents and six siblings. On the 1911 Census, a labourer at paper mill aged 25, he still lived in Croxley Green, with his widowed father and four siblings.
Date of death23/07/1918
Age at death32
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)