Larcombe, W E
WILLIAM EDWARD LARCOMBE
Remembered with honour Pozieres Memorial: Panel 46 and 47.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, William’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Lizzie (nee LARCOMBE ?) COBB.
William was born 1899 in Watford.
His mother, presumably, married William Edward COBB, but the marriage is proving elusive. William died 1935 in Watford aged 63, and was buried 9 August in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Lizzie died 1952 in Watford aged 77, and was buried 11 December, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
On the 1901 Census, aged 2 he lived in Bushey, Herts, with his mother, step-father and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 12, he still lived in Bushey, with his mother, step-father and six siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)