Patterson, N T
NOLAN TWEEDDALE PATTERSON
Remembered with honour Lijssenthoek Military Cemetery: Plot VI, Row A, Grave 5.
He was appointed Lieutenant in the 31st Battery 17 November 1915; and was transferred to the 10th Battery, 3rd Brigade. He died at No. 10 Casualty Clearing Station of wounds received in action; his next-of-kin his father of Montreal. Unfortunately, Nolan’s Attestation papers appear to be unavailable.
Son of Arthur Henry and Nellie Tweeddale (nee SLACK) PATTERSON of Watford.
His parents married 2 June 1889 at St Mary the Virgin, Leyton, Essex. The whole family sailed 3 October 1904 aboard the Celtic Liverpool to New York. The parents spent much time in the 1920s travelling between England and Canada. Arthur possibly died 27 January 1948 in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, aged 86.
Nolan was born March 1896 in Snaresbrook, Essex, and baptised 17 May 1896 at St Mary’s, Rougham. Suffolk.
On the 1901 Census, he is proving elusive. On the 1911 Canadian Census, aged 15 he lived in Point Clair, Quebec, with his parents and two siblings.
Unit10th Battery, 3rd Brigade
Date of death01/06/1916
Age at death20
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)