Culverhouse, H H
HENRY/HARRY HERBERT/HUBERT CULVERHOUSE
Remembered with honour Lonsdale Cemetery: Plot VII, Roe F, Grave 1.
He enlisted in Hertford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Henry’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is an article about and a Death announcement for Henry in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 4 November 1916.
Son of Henry and Clara Jane (nee MESSENGER) CULVERHOUSE of Watford.
His parents married 2 May 1894 at St Mary’s, Watford. Henry died 1937 in Watford aged 65, and was buried 10 March in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Clara died 1949 in Watford aged 79, and was buried 16 December, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Herny was born 20 October 1898 in Watford, and baptised 4 January 1899 at St Mary’s, Watford. He attended Watford Grammar School from September 1910 to December 1912, and resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 2 he lived in Watford, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 12, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and seven siblings.
Date of death16*/10/1916
Age at death18
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)