Bransford, R C
ROBERT CHARLES BRANSFORD
Remembered with honour Thiepval Memorial: Pier and Face 8C, 9A and 16A.
He enlisted in Marylebone, London; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Robert’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Robert and Mary Ann (nee PARTINGTON) BRANSFORD.
His parents married 28 June 1880 at St Philip’s, Lambeth, London. Mary died 1906 in Watford aged 42, and was buried 12 February in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Robert died 1936 in the Sheppey, Kent, district aged 85.
Robert was born 1884 in Lambeth [not Westminster], and baptised 15 June 1884 at St Thomas’, Lambeth. He resided in Watford.
On the 1891 Census, aged 6 he lived in Lambeth, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1901 Census, he is proving elusive. On the 1911 Census, a marine store dealer aged 27, he lived in Watford, with his widowed father and seven siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)