Remembered with honour Ypres (Menin Gate) Memorial: Panel 20.
He enlisted in London; was entitled to the Victory, British War and the 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 19 December 1914, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Reginald’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is a caption to a photograph of Reggie in the Watford Illustrated dated 12 June 1915.
Son of Philip and Raffiella/Filomena Marise GREGO of Watford.
His parent’s marriage is proving elusive. Raffaella died 13 November 1954 aged 84, and was buried 17 November in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Philip died 8 November 1962 in Watford aged 93, and was buried 14 November, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Reginald was born 8 September 1892 in Notting Hill, London, and attended Beechen Grove Board School, Watford, from 9 March to 30 July 1903. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, he is proving elusive. On the 1911 Census, a Private in the Duke of Cornwall’s Light Infantry aged 20, he was stationed in Gravesend, Kent.
Date of death23/04/1915
Age at death24
Place of death
NotesFor a number of years Philip ran a green-grocery business in Watford, with branches in St Alban's Road and Leavesden Road
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)