Lovell, P F
PERCIVAL FRANK LOVELL
Remembered with honour Thiepval Memorial: Pier and Face 16B and 16C.
He attested 18 May 1915 in Watford: a postman aged 19, 5’9″ tall; his next-of-kin his father of Banbury, Oxon. He embarked 24 February 1916 with the B.E.F. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was regarded for official purposes as having been killed in action on or since 15 September 1916.
Son of Benjamin and Charlotte Agnes (nee MOLD) LOVELL of Grimsbury, Oxon.
His parents married 1889 in the Banbury district. Benjamin died 1939 aged 76; Charlotte died 1954 aged 87; both in the Banbury district.
Percival was born 1896 in Banbury, and baptised 15 May 1896 at Christ Church, Banbury. He resided in Banbury. He was appointed Assistant Postman Banbury August 1912, has an entry in the London Gazette dated 3 January 1913, and was appointed Postman (Q) Watford 1914.
On the 1901 Census, aged 5 he lived in Grimsbury, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, he still lived in Grimsbury, with his parents and three siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)